Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 30 November 2016

WOYWW + Light in Darkness Snippets

hi one and all,
Yes, it's flown again! My Yorkshire grandmother used to say "time flies", says the monkey, as he threw the clock at the cat!! :D

I'm in middle of upcycling some cards. Am pretty well finished making my 60 cards but thought I'd add a couple of extras. I've also done Christmas letter, and printed off inserts for cards and posted a few overseas ones, so starting to feel organised. I'm using this Memory Box Star mask with some cosmic glitter glue for background to this card.
Over at Cuttlebug Mania the challenge is "Light in Darkness" and when I popped onto Miss Di's blog last night I did a double take!
She was posting the almost identical card to mine for today. She'd also seen Loll's card and pinned it. Great minds think alike.
I loved the title of "Light in darkness" for it reminded me that this what the Lord Jesus is, the true Light... for He said "I am the Light of the World"....

.John 1:5 "...the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. "
 I saw once a verse on a war memorial at Canterbury, it had this verse: "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light. "
It was referring to that fact they came through the blitz, but I must admit was a striking reference, for truly they were dark times.
My green is actually a piece of gloss card and I smooched up the excess brushos colour, when I was making these cards - see here. I've actually made about ten of those background  nativity cards, no two are remotely similar. (Snippets used - so off to the playground)
I am totally in love with brusho find it so versatile. And as I discovered last week (see here, Rudolph day post) it looks great on die cuts.
 

 The red glitter card was some American Crafts glitter paper. MB central die called "glowing candles", EF is American crafts, Christmas tradition, Spellbinder Elegant Ovals, ODB Joy to world stamp set silver embossed..
I made some cards with three colours on this on this die layering post - see here.
Well, now to our pickies from Oz. I went for a walk with a friend through our Botanic gardens again.
I've shown you the orchids before but this time thought would share mainly the Brommeliads... so many varieties. There is also a desert room where there are cactus plants in flower and showing one orchid at the end. God's creation is amazing ... so much variety!







A special welcome to the latest encourager of this blog...Linby of Craft by Linby, please check out her wonderful creativity over there and give her some encouragement too.

May God bless each of you this day in all that you do - and thanks for popping over and making my day.. you bless my heart, 

Shaz in Oz.x


"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great Light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the Light shined."
 Isaiah 9:2

Joining up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on my card.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes     http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
4. Crafty Hazlenut's  Extra Christmas challenge http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/chnc-challenge-extra-for-november-2016.html
4. Stamping Sensations - Christmas greetingshttp://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/november-anything-christmas.html
5. Light in darkness http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/shine_19.html 
6.http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/chnc-challenge-309-use-sentiment.html
Finally managed to join up with Beccys Challenge. https://beccysplace.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/a-month-of-holiday-cards.html

36 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The candle image is a great one for Christmas and these cards are fun in the two colors and textures you used. I will need to check out your friend who did a similar one!

I like the plant photos. I am hoping to visit a garden estate this month to see their Christmas display, but I imagine they will still have the orchid room and succulents too. We shall see if I remember my camera!

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Shaz - love that candle die cut, especially with the shiny or glitter card behind!
Your Aussie photos are fabulous - thank you for sharing them.
Blessings
Maxine

Betsy said...

More beautiful Aussie shots today Shaz. I always enjoy seein your part of the world. The cards are beautiful and He is indeed, the true light of the world. I hope you have a lovely week my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Helen said...

love the candles, they look so festive! I still have over half of my cards to make.... now is not the time to have come down with a cold! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Neet said...

Those cards are simply stunning. I am sure I have that die but I have never made my cards look like this - yours are fantastic!
Off to see the other cards you have made in a o but thank you for including the floral pictures, what a wonderful selection you chose to show us.
Hope you and yours are well.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Mrs.D said...

Morning Shaw,
Those cards are beautiful, I love that Joyce to the world stamp, might have to pursue one of those. The pictures from the botanic garden are wonderful, isn't God's creation amazing.
Bless you
Chris #11

Annie said...

Beautiful cards Shaz and all those plants are really gorgeous. I used to grow cacti when I was young and well remember the joy when one bloomed. Nature really is amazing.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I've heard of Time Flies of course, but never the monkey bit afterwards!! That's a new one on me :-D. Loving your cards, the glossy card works well on the candles doesn't it? And I always enjoy seeing your aussie plant pics, so interesting.
Hope your Drs appt went ok.
Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

Kathyk said...

Fab desk and pix, love your Christmas cards


Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#21

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz. love the candle cards. I've looked at that die a few times, and wondered if I needed it, I think I do now, lol. Have a lovely week,Hugs,Shaz #10 xxx

sandra de said...

Hi Shaz, a big thank you for pointing me in the right direction for the little robin. Gorgeous cards and I love those bromeliads.
sandra de @24

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Exquisite cards and lovely cacti! Looks like you're all set for Christmas! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

Beccy said...

Your candle cards are beautiful Shaz, I love the die cut mat and the embossing in the background. I also like the way you've done the candles in two colours and added some red for the holly berries. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Shaz - and so funny that we both thought of such similar designs! And not only that, my Dad used to use the monkey throwing the clock saying and his family came from Yorkshire too!

Great to see you in the Playground and also Cuttlebug Mania as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Sharon said...

Beautiful flowers. Love the photos.

Your cards are beautiful. How funny that your challenge one ended up almost the same as someone else. You know what they say...great minds think alike.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #33

Monica said...

that is a very interesting expression especially the bit about the monkey,as that is new to me. What pretty cards you made. Love bromeliads and orchids. We grew them when we lived in Houston. we had an area behind the bathroom with sky lights where we put them in the few cold days of winter.
Have a good week creating
Love monica #32

Unknown said...

Go you! Making 60 cards!! And I love the plant photos so much. Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #38

Dorlene Durham said...

So beautiful. Thanks for sharing all those gorgeous photos as well. Dorlene #40

Chris said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Shaz. Beautiful L/O embossing ad die cuts. I always enjoy seeing how different the same design can look using different colours and techniques!
Wonderful photos of the plants, so colourful and exotic.
Chris
x

Sue - said...

Beautiful set of cards Shaz!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love these cards. As usual they excel in beauty. I am learning from you, but way behind. Hugs

Marlies said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards. A lovely elegant design and I like the embossed background. Your plant photos are very nice too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Brenda said...

Your cards are stunning Sharon! I am loving that candle die and yes, Jesus is the light of the world!- indeed!!! Oh my how can one look at these beautiful flowers/plants and not know that there is a God?! They are stunning and so unusual and unique! Hugs, Brenda
PS-glad you are feeling organized, I am not! lol

Jennifer Scull said...

what wonderful projects filled with so much love and holiday joy!

thank you so much for joining our challenge over at The Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Blog Extra! :)

Lindart said...

Your cards are beautiful! I especially like the red glitter card. Thank you for the trip through the bromeliads and cacti! Nice to see, when here is is so dark and miserable! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

Mrs A. said...

Never heard of that saying before but rather like the picture it conjures up!
Candle cards look great. I have this die and only used it about twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Beautiful cards and plants Shaz. I've heard the 'time flies' expression but not the part about the monkey :-) Anne x #19

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing cards with these candles, love expecially the green made with brushos! Great embossing and beautiful frames!!

Kathleen said...

Superb work desk and love the look of the Rejoice cards, brings to mind Emmanuel. Not only that but your Light in the Darkness reminds me of 'Lighten our Darkness, we beseech thee O' Lord.
The candle cards are stunning love the different colours and all the shine.
Sorry not been around these past couple of week but been on holiday.

Kath x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards and lovely plants too. You were early and now I'm late, been out tonight and trying to catch up a bit. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela X 17

Conniecrafter said...

You are doing a wonderful job with those candle dies, just lovely and I so enjoyed all the beautiful flowers, everything is starting to die here!

Ginny Maxam said...

I absolutly love these candle /die card!! you've made them so beautifully! your photos are really great too!Have a great week! Ginny#45

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

cotnob said...

fabulous cards Shaz, beautiful candles and elegant design.
Pauline
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome cards! I adore that red glittery one. It's a great die and you've shown it off well. The photos of the flowers are cool too. I recognize some of those cactus and their blooms. Brommeliads are such interesting looking creatures.

Morti said...

Lovely cards as always Shaz!

Morti @ 35 (WOYWW)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...